Tobacco Pipe Making Blanks
About my pipemaking blanks...
- To Jean Turner Standard - where nothing but the best will do.
- All blanks offered here are Pro-Quality wood.
- Usually well-seasoned, but sometimes need a little more time before use. I buy the wood in as part-seasoned. This can mean anything between soaking wet (coated with wax) and a little less wet (also coated in wax). I usually part-dewax the wood and allow it to season for a number of years - some of the wood is over 8 years into the process. After buying, weigh your blank, leave inside the house for a month or so and weigh it again. If it has lost weight, leave it longer until it stops losing weight. Then it is ready to use.
- Please see the individual items listing for details about seasoning advice.
- Olive is a dense wood and makes beautiful pipes.
- Tutorials: Pipe Making