Tutorials and eBooks >
Scruby: Make a Knife Using Hand Tools
Making a Knife Using Hand Tools
About the tutorial...
- Explains the entire process of making a knife from start to finished - step by step - with detailed
instruction and more than 120 supporting photographs.
- In printed format - easily transported to the workshop for use as a bench guide
- Comes with
complimentary access to additional photographs in colour
which assist in explaining exactly how the normalising,
hardening and tempering processes are carried out.
- An item of exceptional value, the tutorial is an entire book, priced at a fraction of the
cost of a commercially published edition, and in terms of quality - it beats a fair number of them!
- Lazer printed, thermally bound, 45 pages 80gsm, 120+ black and white photos.
- Reader comment: "An excellent tutorial
which shows a detailed step by step process - a clear example of a excellent teacher at work..."
The completed knife
About the author:
John Scruby is a full-time carer and very experienced knife maker.
When he is able, he takes his leisure
by producing works of art in his knife-making workshop.
From the elegant proportions of one of his kitchen paring knives,
to the strength and vitality of a hunter or a falconer's knife -
John applies his masterly skills of hand-working
metal to produce an item which is both functional and beautiful.